Most people generally enjoy watching their favorite content on a widescreen. Therefore, they prefer their smart TV more than their phones and computers for this specific purpose.
However, there are often instances when your favorite television shows or movies are out of reach from all your channels. Likewise, you may also find that the file format you want to access is not compatible with your TV, so the only possible way to access it is through the Internet.
In these situations, you can store and access your favorite content through your computer, but if you still want a bigger screen, your best bet is to probably connect your laptop with your Samsung Smart TV wirelessly.
Laptop Mirroring to Samsung Smart TV Through Samsung Smart View
If you hate dirty cables, you can count on the Samsung Smart View feature to meet your needs. The SmartView feature is an application that lets you connect your computer or phone wirelessly to your Samsung Smart TV. It lets you see all the content stored on your device, including photos, music, and videos.
Further, this feature comes with the ability to read subtitles. As a result, you can watch movies and shows made in different languages with subtitles. This particular function is currently supported by different versions of Windows from Windows 7 to Windows 10.
The following steps will show you how to mirror your laptop to your smart TV:
- Download, install and then launch the Samsung Smart View app
- Turn on your smart TV and make sure you connect both your laptop and TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
- To check your connection, scroll to “Menu” followed by “Network” then “Network status”.
- Go back to your laptop and click “Connect TV” and then select from the list of devices detecting your smart TV.
- Select the next key and “Ok” in the pin shown on your TV.
- Press the “+ Add Content” button and import the files you want.
- if you want to include the content you want to stream. Click the “Play” button when done.
Connect Laptop to Samsung Smart TV Via Samsung Smart Hub
If your both devices (Laptop and Smart Tv) are connected to the same Wi-Fi network, the Samsung Smart Hub enables you to stream videos, music, and photos stored on your laptop through your smart TV. Although Samsung offers an Allshare application for installing it on your laptop so that it can be converted to a DLNA server, it is easier to use the capabilities of the DNLA server, which is built into the Windows Media Player. ۔ By sharing content on your laptop, you can give your laptop the option of playing your favorite content on Smart TV and browsing your favorite content through the Samsung Smart Hub.
Setting up your laptop
- Make sure both your laptop and Samsung Smart Hub are connected to the same Wi-Fi network
- Swiping from left, select “Search” and then type “Windows Media Player” into the search box provided.
- Next, select “Apps” and select “Windows Media Player”.
- From the Stream menu, select “Turn on Media Streaming” and press the “Turn on Media Streaming” button
- Find your Smart TV from the provided list of devices.
- Check the box to give Samsung Smart Hub access to your files and view your favorite content in the form of your laptop.
- In a laptop, Use File Explorer to find content in your laptop’s libraries.
- Select the library, right-click it, then select “New” and “Shortcut”.
- Then, proceed with the content you want to share in this folder. Select “Finish” to share the content.
- You can remove a shortcut from the library if you don’t want to share it anymore.
Setting up the Samsung Smart Hub
- After you turn on your Smart TV, press “Menu” on your TV remote and then select “Network,” followed by “All share settings,” then “Content sharing.”
- Identify your laptop from the list of devices provided. Choose the desired device using your TV remote to give you the option to play media on your smart TV.
- Click the “Smart Hub” button on your TV remote. From the top of the Smart Hub screen, select “Photos, Videos, and Music.”
- Choose the type of media, for example, videos, and identify your laptop from the list of networked devices. Click on the folders to open, then identify the exact video you want to play on your smart TV. You need to select it to play it.
Laptop Mirroring to Smart TV Via Chromecast
Chromecast is another great device to connect your laptop to your Smart TV. This is a plug-in device that helps transform your devices into the receiver—known for being compatible with many devices, including Windows, iPhone, Mac, Android, and Chromebooks. You can also use it with your smart TV.
Chromecast also allows you to watch content from your computer, by casting videos or music and pausing online sharing. This little dongle can be easily obtained from your local store.
- Configure your Chromecast device and plug it into a power outlet and your TV to enable it.
- Make sure you have downloaded the most current version of the Google Chrome browser on your laptop.
- If you already have it, tap the menu icon and select “Cast” from the options provided
- While in the new window, scroll down to “Cast to” and choose between “Cast tab” and “Cast desktop”.
- As you go through this, tap on the Cast icon in the upper right corner of your device screen and click “Stop” to screen the mirror laptop on Smart TV.
This is a paid option; you would expect it to have better features. Sadly, though, it does have some drawbacks that aren’t particularly pleasant. For example, the dongle doesn’t work by itself. You need to plug it into a power source. This can lead to many complications, especially if you lack an extra store. Plus, it doesn’t support 4K viewing, which is horrible.