Microsoft Edge is the default web browser for Windows 10, and it offers a fast and secure browsing experience. However, like any other software, it can sometimes encounter issues that require it to be reinstalled. If you are facing problems with Microsoft Edge, reinstalling it may be the solution. In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the process of reinstalling Microsoft Edge.
Before You Begin
Before you start the reinstallation process, make sure you have a stable internet connection and that you have saved any important bookmarks or settings from your current Microsoft Edge browser. You may also want to temporarily disable your antivirus software to prevent any interference during the reinstallation process.
Uninstall Microsoft Edge
The first step in reinstalling Microsoft Edge is to uninstall the current version of the browser. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and type “Control Panel” in the search bar.
- Click on “Control Panel” from the search results.
- In the Control Panel, click on “Programs” and then select “Programs and Features.”
- Scroll down and find “Microsoft Edge” in the list of installed programs.
- Right-click on “Microsoft Edge” and select “Uninstall.”
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
Download and Install Microsoft Edge
Once you have uninstalled Microsoft Edge, you can proceed to download and install the latest version of the browser. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open your preferred web browser and go to the https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/edge.
- Click on the “Download” button.
- Once the download is complete, click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Reset Microsoft Edge
After the installation is complete, you may need to reset Microsoft Edge to its default settings. This will ensure that any previous settings or configurations that may have caused issues are cleared. To reset Microsoft Edge, follow these steps:
- Open Microsoft Edge and click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll down and click on “Reset settings.”
- Click on “Restore settings to their default values.”
- Click on “Reset” to confirm.
Test Microsoft Edge
Once you have completed the reinstallation process, you can test Microsoft Edge to see if the issues have been resolved. Open the browser and try browsing different websites to ensure that it is functioning properly. If you encounter any further issues, you may need to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
Reinstalling Microsoft Edge can be a simple solution to any issues you may be facing with the browser. By following these steps, you can easily reinstall Microsoft Edge and get back to browsing the internet with ease.
Have you had to reinstall Microsoft Edge before? Did this guide help you? Let us know in the comments.