With the release of Windows 11, Microsoft introduced a new feature called “Copilot” which allows users to easily share their screen with others for remote assistance. While this feature can be useful for some, others may find it unnecessary and want to remove it from their taskbar. In this article, we will discuss how to uninstall copilot and remove it from the taskbar in Windows 11.
The first step to removing copilot from your taskbar is to uninstall the program from your computer. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu and type “Apps & features” in the search bar.
- Click on the “Apps & features” option that appears.
- Scroll down until you find “Copilot” in the list of installed apps.
- Click on “Copilot” and then click on the “Uninstall” button.
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.
Remove Copilot from Taskbar
Once you have uninstalled copilot from your computer, you will need to remove it from your taskbar. Here’s how:
- Right-click on the taskbar and select “Taskbar settings” from the menu.
- In the Taskbar settings, click on “Taskbar behaviors” on the left side.
- Scroll down until you find the “Notification area” section.
- Click on “Turn system icons on or off.”
- Find “Copilot” in the list and toggle it off.
- Click on “Back” to return to the Taskbar settings.
If you are unable to find copilot in the list of system icons, you can also remove it from the taskbar by following these steps:
- Right-click on the taskbar and select “Task Manager” from the menu.
- In the Task Manager, click on the “Startup” tab.
- Find “Copilot” in the list of startup programs.
- Click on “Copilot” and then click on the “Disable” button.
- Close the Task Manager.
Why Remove Copilot?
While copilot can be a useful feature for some, there are a few reasons why you may want to remove it from your taskbar:
- It takes up space on your taskbar, which can be annoying for users with limited screen space.
- It may slow down your computer’s performance, especially if you have a slower internet connection.
- You may not need or use the feature, making it unnecessary to have on your taskbar.
Removing copilot from your taskbar in Windows 11 is a simple process that can be done in just a few steps. Whether you find the feature unnecessary or just want to declutter your taskbar, following these steps will help you remove copilot from your taskbar and improve your overall user experience. If you ever need to use copilot again, you can always reinstall it from the Microsoft Store.