Are you looking to remove the audio from a video on your Windows 10 computer? Whether you want to mute background noise, remove unwanted audio, or simply create a silent video, there are several ways to remove audio from a video on Windows 10.
In this article, we will discuss the different methods you can use to remove audio from a video on Windows 10, as well as the benefits and limitations of each method.
Why Remove Audio from a Video?
There are several reasons why you may want to remove audio from a video on Windows 10. Some common reasons include:
- Removing background noise: If you have recorded a video with background noise, you may want to remove the audio to improve the overall quality of the video.
- Removing unwanted audio: Sometimes, there may be unwanted audio in a video, such as background music or someone talking in the background. Removing the audio can help you focus on the main content of the video.
- Creating a silent video: You may want to create a silent video for various reasons, such as adding your own background music or using the video for a presentation.
Method 1: Using Windows 10 Photos App
The Windows 10 Photos app is a built-in video editor that allows you to trim, split, and merge videos. It also has the option to remove audio from a video. Here’s how you can use the Photos app to remove audio from a video on Windows 10:
- Open the Photos app on your Windows 10 computer.
- Click on the “New video” button in the top-right corner.
- Select the video you want to remove audio from and click on “Create”.
- Once the video is imported, click on the “Edit & Create” button in the top-right corner.
- Select “Trim” from the drop-down menu.
- In the trim window, click on the “Mute” button in the bottom-left corner.
- Click on “Save a copy” to save the video without audio.
The advantage of using the Photos app is that it is a simple and free option for removing audio from a video. However, it does have some limitations. For example, you cannot adjust the volume of the audio or remove specific parts of the audio. Additionally, the Photos app only supports a limited number of video formats.
Method 2: Using VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is a popular media player that also has video editing capabilities. It is a free and open-source software that supports a wide range of video formats. Here’s how you can use VLC Media Player to remove audio from a video on Windows 10:
- Download and install VLC Media Player on your Windows 10 computer.
- Open VLC Media Player and click on “Media” in the top-left corner.
- Select “Convert/Save” from the drop-down menu.
- In the “File” tab, click on “Add” and select the video you want to remove audio from.
- Click on “Convert/Save” at the bottom of the window.
- In the “Convert” window, click on the “Edit selected profile” button.
- In the “Encapsulation” tab, select “Audio codec” and uncheck the box next to “Audio”.
- Click on “Save” to save the changes.
- Click on “Browse” to select the destination folder for the converted video.
- Click on “Start” to begin the conversion process.
Using VLC Media Player gives you more control over the audio removal process. You can adjust the volume of the audio or remove specific parts of the audio. However, the interface may be a bit confusing for beginners, and the conversion process can take some time.
Method 3: Using Online Tools
There are several online tools that allow you to remove audio from a video on windows 10 without having to download any software. These tools are usually free and easy to use. Here are some popular online tools you can use to remove audio from a video:
Using online tools is a convenient option as you don’t have to download any software. However, the quality of the video may be affected, and there may be limitations on the size and length of the video you can upload.
Method 4: Using Video Editing Software
If you frequently need to remove audio from videos or require more advanced editing options, you may want to consider using video editing software. Some popular options include Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Filmora. These software programs offer more advanced features and allow you to have more control over the audio removal process.
Tips for Removing Audio from a Video
Here are some tips to keep in mind when removing audio from a video on Windows 10:
- Make sure to save a copy of the original video before removing the audio. This way, you can always go back to the original if needed.
- If you are using a video editing software, make sure to save the project file before exporting the video. This way, you can make changes to the video later if needed.
- If you are using an online tool, make sure to read the terms and conditions before uploading your video. Some tools may have limitations on the size and length of the video you can upload.
- If you are using the Photos app, make sure to select the “Save a copy” option to avoid overwriting the original video.
Removing audio from a video on Windows 10 can be useful for various reasons, such as removing background noise, unwanted audio, or creating a silent video. You can use the Windows 10 Photos app, VLC Media Player, online tools, or video editing software to remove audio from a video. Each method has its own benefits and limitations, so choose the one that best suits your needs. With these methods, you can easily remove audio from any video on your Windows 10 computer.