If you are a Windows 10 user, you may have noticed a small watermark in the bottom right corner of your screen that says “Activate Windows.” This watermark appears when your Windows 10 operating system is not activated. While this may not affect the functionality of your computer, it can be annoying and distracting. In this article, we will discuss How to remove the activate windows watermark in Windows 10.
Method 1: Activate Windows
The most straightforward way to remove the activate windows watermark is to simply activate your Windows 10 operating system. This can be done by purchasing a product key from Microsoft or using a valid license key. Once your Windows 10 is activated, the watermark will automatically disappear.
Method 2: Use a Third-Party Tool
If you do not want to purchase a product key or license, you can use a third-party tool to remove the activate windows watermark. One popular tool is called “Universal Watermark Disabler,” which can be downloaded for free from the internet. This tool will automatically remove the watermark without affecting any other system settings.
Method 3: Modify Registry Settings
Another way to remove the activate windows watermark is by modifying the registry settings. This method requires some technical knowledge and should be done with caution. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “regedit” and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- Look for the “PaintDesktopVersion” key on the right-hand side.
- Double-click on the key and change the value from “1” to “0.”
- Click OK and close the Registry Editor.
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
Method 4: Use Command Prompt
You can also use the Command Prompt to remove the activate windows watermark. Here’s how:
- Open the Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Type the following command and press Enter: “taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe”
- Type the following command and press Enter: “explorer.exe”
- Close the Command Prompt and check if the watermark is gone.
Method 5: Use a Custom Wallpaper
If none of the above methods work for you, you can simply cover up the activate windows watermark by using a custom wallpaper. You can find many free wallpapers online that are designed specifically to cover up the watermark. Simply download and set it as your desktop background.
Removing the activate windows watermark in Windows 10 is possible through various methods. Whether you choose to activate your Windows, use a third-party tool, modify registry settings, use Command Prompt, or use a custom wallpaper, you can get rid of the annoying watermark and enjoy a clean desktop. Try out these methods and let us know which one worked for you in the comments below.