Are you a PC gamer looking to record your gameplay and share it with others? With Windows 10’s built-in Game DVR and Game Bar, you can easily capture and save your gaming moments.
In this article, we’ll show you how to record PC gameplay with Windows 10’s Game DVR and Game Bar, as well as some tips for game streaming and creating gaming videos.
What is Game DVR and Game Bar?
Game DVR and Game Bar are two features built into Windows 10 that allow you to record and capture your gameplay. Game DVR is a recording tool that captures the last 30 seconds of your gameplay, while Game Bar is a toolbar that gives you quick access to Game DVR and other gaming features.
How to Enable Game DVR and Game Bar
Before you can start recording your gameplay, you’ll need to enable Game DVR and Game Bar on your Windows 10 PC. Here’s how:
- Open the Settings app by pressing Windows+I on your keyboard.
- Click on “Gaming” in the Settings menu.
- In the left sidebar, click on “Game Bar”.
- Toggle the switch under “Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar” to “On”.
You can also customize the keyboard shortcuts for Game Bar and Game DVR in this menu.
How to Record PC Gameplay with Game DVR
Now that Game DVR and Game Bar are enabled, you can start recording your gameplay. Here’s how:
- Launch the game you want to record.
- While in-game, press Windows+G on your keyboard to open Game Bar.
- Click on the “Record” button (the circle with a dot in the middle) or press Windows+Alt+R to start recording.
- When you’re finished recording, press Windows+Alt+R again to stop.
Your recorded gameplay will be saved in the “Captures” folder in your Videos library. You can also access your recordings by opening the Xbox app and clicking on the “Game DVR” tab.
Tips for Recording PC Gameplay with Game DVR
- Make sure you have enough free space on your hard drive before recording. Game DVR records at a high bitrate, so your recordings can take up a lot of space.
- If you want to record longer clips, you can change the recording length in the Game DVR settings. Keep in mind that longer recordings will take up more space on your hard drive.
- You can also record your microphone audio while recording gameplay. Just make sure to enable the “Record audio when I record a game” option in the Game DVR settings.
How to Stream PC Gameplay with Game Bar
In addition to recording gameplay, you can also use Game Bar to stream your gameplay to platforms like Twitch and Mixer. Here’s how:
- Open the game you want to stream.
- While in-game, press Windows+G to open Game Bar.
- Click on the “Broadcast” button (the circle with two circles inside) or press Windows+Alt+B.
- Choose the platform you want to stream to and follow the prompts to sign in and start streaming.
Tips for Streaming PC Gameplay with Game Bar
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection before streaming. A wired connection is recommended for the best streaming experience.
- You can customize your stream’s video quality and audio settings in the Game Bar settings.
- You can also use the “Broadcast” button to record your gameplay while streaming. Just make sure to enable the “Record audio when I broadcast” option in the Game Bar settings.
How to Create Gaming Videos with Game DVR
Game DVR also allows you to create gaming videos by combining multiple clips and adding transitions and effects. Here’s how:
- Open the Xbox app and click on the “Game DVR” tab.
- Click on “New video” in the top right corner.
- Select the clips you want to include in your video and click on “Next”.
- Choose a theme for your video and click on “Next”.
- Add transitions and effects to your video and click on “Next”.
- Give your video a title and click on “Finish”.
Your video will be saved in the “Game DVR” folder in your Videos library.
Tips for Creating Gaming Videos with Game DVR
- You can trim your clips before adding them to your video by clicking on the “Trim” button next to each clip.
- You can also add your own music to your video by clicking on the “Add music” button.
- Once your video is created, you can share it directly to social media or save it to your computer to upload to other platforms.
With Windows 10’s Game DVR and Game Bar, recording and sharing your PC gameplay has never been easier. Whether you want to record short clips, stream your gameplay, or create gaming videos, Game DVR and Game Bar have you covered. So go ahead and capture those epic gaming moments to share with your friends and followers.