GTA 5 is a popular open-world game that allows players to explore a vast virtual world and complete various missions. One of the most exciting aspects of the game is flying a helicopter. However, for players who are new to the game or are used to playing on consoles, flying a helicopter on a PC keyboard can be a bit challenging. In this article, we will discuss the helicopter controls in GTA 5 PC and provide some tips on how to fly a helicopter like a pro.
Before you can fly a helicopter in GTA 5 PC, you need to make sure you have one. Helicopters can be found at various locations throughout the game, such as helipads, airports, and military bases. You can also purchase them from the in-game website, Warstock Cache & Carry. Once you have a helicopter, you can start practicing your flying skills.
by Ryan Pandithasekara (https://unsplash.com/@ryan_737)
The default helicopter controls in GTA 5 PC are as follows:
- W: Increase altitude
- S: Decrease altitude
- A: Tilt left
- D: Tilt right
- Q: Rotate left
- E: Rotate right
- Left Shift: Increase speed
- Left Ctrl: Decrease speed
- Spacebar: Fire weapons (if equipped)
- F: Enter/exit helicopter
It may take some time to get used to these controls, but with practice, you will be able to maneuver the helicopter smoothly.
Tips for Flying a Helicopter
- Start with a slow helicopter: If you are new to flying in GTA 5 PC, it is best to start with a slow helicopter. The Buzzard is a good option as it is easy to control and has decent speed.
- Use the mouse: While the keyboard controls are essential, using the mouse can make flying a helicopter much easier. You can use the mouse to control the direction of the helicopter and make small adjustments while flying.
- Practice, practice, practice: The key to mastering helicopter controls in GTA 5 PC is practice. Take some time to fly around the map and get used to the controls. You can also try completing some helicopter missions to improve your skills.
- Use the in-game tutorial: GTA 5 PC has a built-in tutorial that can help you learn the basics of flying a helicopter. You can access it by going to the pause menu and selecting “Settings” and then “Controls.” From there, you can select “Helicopter” and view the tutorial.
If you are having trouble flying a helicopter in GTA 5 PC, here are some common issues and how to fix them:
- Helicopter is spinning out of control: This usually happens when the helicopter is damaged. You can try landing and repairing the helicopter or switching to a new one.
- Helicopter is not gaining altitude: Make sure you are pressing the correct keys (W and Left Shift) to increase altitude. If the helicopter is still not gaining altitude, it may be too heavy or damaged.
- Helicopter is not moving: Check that you are pressing the correct keys (W and Left Shift) to increase speed. If the helicopter is still not moving, it may be damaged or stuck on an object.
With these tips and tricks, you should now be able to fly a helicopter in GTA 5 PC like a pro. Remember to practice and be patient, and soon you will be soaring through the virtual skies of Los Santos. Happy flying!