With the release of Windows 11, Microsoft has introduced a new touch keyboard that is optimized for touchscreen devices. This new keyboard offers a more intuitive and user-friendly experience for those using touchscreens, but some users may find the default size of the keyboard to be too small. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to change the size of the touch keyboard on Windows 11.
Accessing the Touch Keyboard Settings
To change the size of the touch keyboard on Windows 11, you will need to access the touch keyboard settings. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click on the Start button in the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Click on the Settings icon (shaped like a gear).
- In the Settings menu, click on “Accessibility” in the left-hand menu.
- In the Accessibility menu, click on “Keyboard” in the left-hand menu.
- Under the “Touch keyboard” section, click on “Touch keyboard settings.”
Adjusting the Keyboard Size
Once you have accessed the touch keyboard settings, you can easily adjust the size of the keyboard to your liking. Follow these steps to change the size of the touch keyboard on Windows 11:
- In the touch keyboard settings, click on the “Size” drop-down menu.
- You will see three options for keyboard size: small, medium, and large. Select the size that best suits your needs.
- As you select different sizes, you will see a preview of the keyboard size in the window.
- Once you have selected the desired size, close the settings window.
Additional Touch Keyboard Settings
In addition to changing the size of the touch keyboard, there are a few other settings you can adjust to customize your touch keyboard experience on Windows 11. These include:
- Keyboard layout: You can choose between a standard QWERTY keyboard or a split keyboard for easier typing on larger screens.
- Keyboard theme: You can choose between a light or dark theme for the touch keyboard.
- Keyboard sounds: You can turn on or off the sound effects for key presses on the touch keyboard.
Using the Touch Keyboard on Windows 11
Now that you have adjusted the size of your touch keyboard, you can start using it on your touchscreen device. To access the touch keyboard, simply tap on a text field or open the touch keyboard from the taskbar. You can also use the keyboard shortcut “Windows key + H” to open the touch keyboard.
With the new touch keyboard on Windows 11, users can enjoy a more seamless and user-friendly experience on touchscreen devices. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily adjust the size of the touch keyboard to your liking. Have you tried the new touch keyboard on Windows 11? Let us know in the comments below.