Do you know how to change MSI keyboard color? We’re going to explain it to you right now. MSI is recognized for producing high-quality gaming laptops. They have fantastic keyboards, in addition to all the usual flashy features you’d expect from a gaming laptop.
Most high-end laptops go even farther, including regional or even RGB key illumination. This means you may change the lighting of each key to your preference. We’ll show you how to change the color of your MSI keyboard in this article.
How do I change the color of my MSI keyboard?
The notebook comes with all of the necessary drivers and software for controlling the keyboard backlight. Simply go to the start menu and seek the program. In the majority of cases, it is imprinted with the name of the business that created the keyboard.
Steelseries Engine 3 will be used for light control because most, if not all, MSI keyboards are produced by Steelseries.
Step 1: Go to the Start menu and type Steelseries Engine 3 into the search box.
Step 2: Select MSI Per-Key RGB Keyboard from the drop-down menu.
Step 3: Your keyboard and Lightning default settings will appear. Now, in the lower-left corner, click the Config button.
Step 4: The configuration window appears on the left side. You can choose one of the preset options and end with it if you want.
But let’s take it a step further and make our own setup. Click the New button at the bottom of the page.
Step 5: Give the new configuration a name. You may also define all of the programs that should be permitted to use the settings and then click Save.
Step 6: Now you may customize the keyboard lighting to your preferences.
Read also: How To Keep Gaming Laptop Cool?
The following is a list of the tools you’ll see:
- Select: Select each field or button separately.
- Select many fields or buttons at once using a group selection.
- Magic wand: Apply the same effect to all regions or buttons.
- Apply an effect to a specific area or button with a brush.
- Color cube: This effect can be applied to any button or key region.
- Eraser: Removes a key’s or area’s impact.
- Selects an effect for the chosen area or button using the effect selector.
A useful color selection and a drop-down list are located just below the tools. The sort of effect you may use is determined by the drop-down list, and the color of the effect is determined by the color picker.
Here’s what the different impact kinds mean:
- Color is applied to the specified key/area permanently.
- Shift color: Changes the color of specified keys or regions.
- Color change: The selected areas/buttons can be allocated up to four different colors.
- Reactive key: gives the key an active and inactive color, which is utilized when the key is pushed and released.
- Cooling timer: After a preset signal, the keys are switched from “Standby” to “Cooling” for a certain amount of time.
- Disable backlight: Turns off the button/RGB. zone’s
As you can see, these tools and effects allow you to personalize your keyboard in a variety of ways.
Step 7: Don’t forget to hit the Save button in the lower-left corner when you’re finished.
Best RGB Light Changing External Keyboards
How to change the color of the laptop keyboard?
To change the color of the keyboard backlight: Press the Fn + C keys to view the available backlight colors. White, red, green, and blue are active by default; Up to two custom colors can be added in the system setup (BIOS) cycle.
How to remove the light from the MSI keyboard?
To turn the backlight on or off, press the Fn + space bar on your keyboard. The light background of the keyboard has three modes: Off, Low, High. Use Fn + spacebar to change keyboard backlight modes.
Last update on 2021-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon